For Embroidery Basics in the month of March you will learn everything you wanted to learn about threads and needles,
but were afraid to ask.
You will need to bring the following:
1. Embroidery machine cleaned, oiled and ready to sew
2. 1 spool of Isacord or Floriani 40wt. polyester embroidery thread
3. 1 spool Yenmet or Floriani metallic thread
4. 1 spool Mettler 28wt thread
5. 1 spool 40 wt variegated thread
6. Large embroidery hoop (not mega)
7. 2 sheets of polymesh cutaway stabilizer (a sheet is cut large enough to fit into your large hoop comfortably)
8. 2 - 11" x 14" pieces of plain muslin or 2 solid colored fat quarters
9. Needles - Schmetz 75/11 or 80/12 embroidery needle
- Schmetz 80/12 metallic needle
- Schmetz 90/14 topstitch needle
- Schmetz 80/12 jeans/denim needle
*we will sell a card with 1 of each type of needles listed above sold at the store for $6.50 per card.
10. You will also need to download your format of the following design to a USB to use in class. EXP (Bernina)PES (Baby Lock)SEW (Janome)HUS (HUSQVARNA)PCS (Pfaff)
To download your format to a stick simply click on the link above and you will see on the bottom of the screen, your file titled nw342 start to download. Once it is finished loading you can click on the little ^ and select "show in folder" and when the folder opens you can drag and drop the file to your USB that is plugged into your computer.